For the scientific congress team of the Annual Congress we are looking for a:
Congress Project Coordinator m/f/o
32-40 hrs a week
The scientific team is responsible for the organisation and development of the 4-day scientific programme of the Annual EAU Congress, which encompasses more than 2,250 scientific presentations divided over 150 sessions. Being part of the scientific team will allow you to work on the world’s most prestigious Urology Congress and one of the biggest medical congresses in Europe, by inviting top notch experts, handle the more than 5,000 submitted abstracts with the latest medical developments, coordinate the review process to select the best research and interact with all other EAU departments. For this project you will report to the Project Manager of the scientific team.
The various other EAU events, courses, webinars will challenge your organisational skills. For the smaller, usually more topic oriented events you are the main organiser and contact person, for other larger events you will be part of the project team led by one of the Project Managers. Depending on the size of the project you keep track of the budget, negotiate with suppliers, help set-up a scientific programme, invite faculty, arrange logistics including social events, align with the Communication Department for the promotion of the event and work closely together with the Sales department on the exhibition and industry activities of the event.
Who are you?
- If you have an hbo diploma (Dutch level for higher education) e.g. TIO, hotel school, NHTV, Event Management or Facility Management that would be great, but a certain higher level of working and thinking is more important
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in the scientific field
- You have a great interest in science and you understand what a scientific programme should look like
- You are passionate about organising and coordinating events
- You have a ‘can-do’ mentality
- Ownership is really important, as is autonomy and sense of organisational structures
- Your English (verbal and written) is excellent
- Microsoft Office applications have no surprises for you and you are experienced in working in congress management systems and CRMs
- You like to travel (in Europe, 5-10 times a year from 1 day to 10 days a time)
What we offer
From our office in Arnhem we offer you a challenging and diverse position in an international environment. The salary range lies between 35,000 and 40,000 Euros gross a year. Next to that we offer a great pension arrangement, 25 vacation days and an annual profit share in case of good financial results.
Please send your motivation letter and CV to Werving op Maat attn. Ms. Pauline de Boer, via email@example.com, or for more information contact Pauline via T. 06-28346667
An assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
Responses of recruitment agencies upon this advertisement will not be appreciated.